For many industries, unemployment rates are on the rise as companies struggle with increased costs, stagnant or falling revenue, and increased pressure to service their debts.
In recent months more than 700,000 Australians have joined long, winding queues outside Centrelink offices in the midst of one of the world’s largest pandemics.
While many industries, like hospitality, tourism and event management have been hit hard by restrictions and regulations the picture of the construction market is very different. Opportunities for jobs in construction are seeing no sign of slowing down and the NSW infrastructure rollout means now is a great time to be working in the industry.
So whether you are already employed in the industry or considering a career change, here are the hottest Labour Hire jobs available in Sydney:
Carpenters – Carpentry jobs are a vital requirement for most projects.
What we look out for when hiring carpenters:
- Minimum of 3 years experience working on large construction/infrastructure projects
- Trade background in Carpentry
- Excellent time management skills
- Thorough understanding of safety procedures and practices
- Own transport and tools
Excavator Operators – If you’re a Plant Operator in Australia, you’re in a great position to secure work with some of the nation’s leading contractors – with top rates on offer for high quality candidates.
What we look out for when hiring Excavator Operators:
- Excavator ticket and proven experience in final trim
- Valid driver’s licence and reliable transport
- Be available for immediate start
- GPS experience is essential
- Must be reliable to take on a permanent full-time role
Skilled / General Labourers – Major infrastructure projects underway in Australia are lifting demand for Skilled Labourers and General Labourers. Working with some of the most respected construction names in the country, these types of jobs are highly sought after.
What we look out for when hiring Skilled Labourers:
- Minimum 2 years previous experience working in a commercial construction environment
- Experience assisting trades on site
- Ability to use hand tools and power tools
- Strong work ethic
Civil Labourers – Major infrastructure projects underway in Australia are also lifting demand for Civil Labourers across the country, and with the NSW Government accelerating the construction of 24 key projects, including six schools and thousands of homes, in a bid to boost the state’s economy and create jobs this is set to continue.
If you are looking for work in the construction industry and would like to work for a company that can provide you with interesting, challenging work whilst also being paid the best rates in Sydney then contact our team on 02 9326 7541 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out our current vacancies