SERIOUS ABOUT SAFETY
A strong safety culture
Safety is part of our culture; it’s integral to the way we do business and not just a set of rules we follow. We live and breathe by our Safety policy of: Think Safe. Work Safe. Go Home Safe. So, providing a safe workplace for our staff is our goal, achieved by working with you to minimise safety risks onsite and our continuous stringent training.
Creating a safe worksite
From day one, our Workplace Health and Safety Manager, and our labour managers, work with you to ensure the safety of our workers on your project site. And, when you move to a new project site we’re happy to conduct at worksite safety assessment to identify likely risks and to provide solutions to mitigate them. These initial inspections are followed up by regular site visits by our labour managers.
Stringent safety training
We run a number of training programs to ensure our workforce is equipped to identify and handle any situation and increase the safety of your worksite.
Some examples of the training we organise include:
- Rail Industry Worker Card
- First Aid
- Working Safely at Heights
- Confined space
You can have peace of mind that all of our staff are well trained in workplace health and safety measures, have the required skills and certificates, and arrive wearing the correct safety gear, every day, until the job is done.
Continuous improvement: AS/NZS 4801:2001
BriX Projects’ workplace health and system is certified against safety standard AS/NZS 4801:2001. To ensure we maintain this certification, our Workplace Health and Safety Manager regularly audits the system and every six months it is audited by an independent third party. This demonstrates our commitment to continuous improvement in safety, reducing the likelihood of accidents occurring and the time and cost involved in downtime. This gives you peace of mind so you can get back to work and let us focus on improving the safety-focus and skills of our workforce.
We’ve got safety covered
Selecting for safety
- Safety-focused selection processes – including face-to-face interviews and reference checks
- Pre-assignment medical screening
- Safety attitude surveys
Protecting our workers
- Safety induction training (online and onsite)
- Signed workforce code of conduct agreement
- Safety booklet and personal safety card
- Instantaneous safety reporting system via text, email and online
Proven safety processes
- Site safety checks and corresponding safety assessment
- Robust incident management, reporting and investigations
- Regular safety audits
- Injury management/return to work program
- Detailed registers of potential hazards and control measures
When you choose our skilled and experienced tradespeople and construction workers for your next project, rest assured you’re in completely safe hands.
For more information on our safety policy please contact email@example.com.