If you work in the construction industry you may have heard talk of EBA’s before, or if you are an employer in the construction industry you will have came across EBA’s in the past. Just to clarify what an EBA is:
- Legally binding agreement Governing how your business will;
- manage its employees.
- Replaces the award conditions that would ordinarily apply to an employee (awards do not apply when an employer has a registered EBA covering employees).
- Allows employers and employees to enter into wage agreements without the need for Union involvement.
- Establishes binding employment conditions that are tailored to suit the employer’s operations.
How does an EBA affect me?
At BriX Projects we are an approved supplier of labour to the civil sector; our EBA has been granted by the CFMEU. The CFMEU is the Construction Forestry Mining Energy Union, created to protect workers rights within these industries. This essentially means that we have an agreement in place with all of our employees guaranteeing them that we provide a salary inline with the CFMEU EBA rates, as well as any other entitlements they may be entitled to.
So if you are an employee of BriX Projects:
- You can be assured that you are on the best possible hourly rate of pay.
- You have the opportunity to work on larger projects and sites that require EBA’s.
If you are a client of BriX Projects:
- As we are in line with the CFMEU guidelines you can rest assured that there won’t be any issues with any Unions during our candidates employment.
- As our candidates are valued and are satisfied with their employment this shows in their excellent level of work on site.
Do all labour hire agencies have EBA’s?
The simple answer to that question is no, not all labour hire agencies have EBA’s in place for their employees. In fact, BriX Projects are one of the few labour hire agencies in Sydney that have a civil EBA in place for their employees and clients’ benefit.
If you are looking for experienced, skilled workers for your next project, or are looking for a trusted employer to work for then please contact our BriX Projects skilled labour hire office today and one of our team will be able to help find the best solution for you. Call us today on 1800 621 066 or contact us online and one of our team will get back to you.