We are built on
Committed to Training
BriX Projects are committed to ensuring that our employees are up to date with the latest training and best practices within their given industry or trade, and that they hold the relevant qualifications and accreditations that they need in order to work on our clients worksites. This is how we ensure that we are one step ahead of the competition by keeping our team completely up to date and ready to start work when you need them.
The most recent training that we held on site in our head office in Sydney was a RISI course; this Rail Industry Safety Induction course is a mandatory requirement for all contractors that work on any Transport for NSW construction projects. The RISI card is also recognised by the Australian Rail Track Corporation (ARTC) which will allow our employees to safely access the rail corridor throughout New South Wales. In order to enter Transport for NSW areas of operation our employees must be in possession of a current RISI card, and with the demand for skilled construction workers for the current Light Rail project we need to ensure that all of our team have up to date qualifications in order to be able to work on sites.
We hold our RISI courses in our Sydney office (for up to 20 candidates at a time) and it generally takes around half a day to complete, making it convenient for our candidates or our clients that are looking to put workers through the course at short notice. The course takes place in two parts (a written and practical assessment) and both are completed on site in our office. There is a medical requirement for RISI, which is successful completion of a category 3 health assessment (hearing, vision and mobility), as well as drug and alcohol screening. This is also carried out on site, the same day, with a registered nurse.
Once both parts of the RISI course and the health assessment have been successfully completed we are able to fast track our candidates to ensure that they obtain their certificates/cards in order to work on projects as quickly as possible so there is no delay in providing you will your skilled workforce.
Our last RISI training course for our candidates and employees was held on the 15th of June at the BriX Projects office, turning our normally busy office into a temporary classroom for four hours one morning. The nurse we provided carried out medicals on each of our attendees and a qualified and registered trainer held the course for us. At the end of the four hours the trainer was impressed with the high standard of our employees/candidates and we are proud to be able to say that everybody passed their qualification first time.
Why is training important for our clients?
- You can be reassured that BriX employees aren’t your typical labour hire candidate; they are skilled and experienced in the field that they are in.
- By holding the latest certificates and requirements through our planned training we can quickly source a workforce that is able to start work on your project immediately, without having to wait for them to complete training. We can also put potential candidates through accelerated training if they haven’t taken part in training.
- Safety is key when working on site and because all of our employees are constantly undergoing the required training they are completely up to date with the latest safety regulations on site.
- As our workforce are fully qualified and hold the correct accreditations it allows us to tender for large and complex projects within the industry, allowing us to service all levels of clients.
Why is training important for our candidates/employees?
- By keeping up to date with the latest requirements means that they are able to start work quickly and easily on our clients worksites, meaning they are in consistent work.
- It gives our employees a sense of achievement when passing qualifications and after undergoing training and they gain new skills and experience during the courses.
- Having a wide range of qualifications increases their chances of finding full time work in Sydney and around the country.
- Above all it gives them the peace of mind that they are safe on site as they know the correct processes and procedures.
If you would like to find out more about the training options and courses available from BriX Projects you can contact our team today or view online our list of training options. If you would like to know more about how our skilled, experienced and qualified workforce can be of benefit to your company or project then call one of our team today on 1800 621 066 or contact us online today for more information.